Gossip Squirrel: Solo Walking Larp
A downloadable game
Game by Lucian Kahn
Squirrel art by Nate Treme
You are a Gossip Squirrel! That’s a real live talking squirrel who loves to gossip!
In this game, you will walk (or wheel) around your neighborhood alone, talking to animals, plants, and inanimate objects and telling other animals, plants, and inanimate objects what they said.
As a squirrel, you speak many languages of the streets, so you have the option of talking out loud, in any sign language, with gestures, or even with the power of your thoughts. You can also speak to the objects at any distance, with or without a mask.
The goal of this game is to experience the outside world, get some fresh air, move your body, and have a little imaginative fun during an isolating and stressful time.
You Will Need:
* 1 player (just yourself)
* 5 - 20 minutes
* All you need is these instructions, but you might want to print them out or write them down (otherwise, remember to disinfect your phone when you get back home).
* Optional: a piece of paper & something to write with (you can take notes during play if you want, but you don’t have to).
Safety & Health:
Gossip Squirrel is designed for a player who is social distancing, but NOT under quarantine.
This game is probably safe to play outside in open areas during the COVID-19 pandemic, because the virus is transmitted via droplets, not shared air (as far as we know). However, as the situation develops, different cities are advising different public behaviors, so follow the instructions of your local health leaders about moving around outside. Stay home if you’re coughing, sneezing, have a runny nose, fever, etc. If you happen to cough or sneeze in public, cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow. Try your best to stay 6-10 feet away from other people at all times. And obviously, trust your doctor’s advice more than a roleplaying game about squirrels.
* You can play in a wheelchair, as a car passenger, or any other way that gives you a view of the street.
* If your city is restricting movement to essential errands, you can play a short game on the way to the supermarket or pharmacy.
* If you can’t go outside, you may be able to play by looking out a street-facing window.
Gossip Squirrel was created in Brooklyn, New York during the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in the USA.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.